a ‘small things‘ post is the perfect thing to end the year with i think. this year has been pretty rubbish personally, and obviously globally too. but of course there have been good things and wonderful moments too.
for as long as i can remember i have strived to be grateful for things big and small, and to be vigilant and aware of little moments and things most might take for granted. i’m so glad i actually started writing some of these things down in the form of these posts, because it’s lovely (for me, anyway) to look back on them.
what small (or big) things have made you happy this year?
here’s some of mine, as well as some more recent things mixed in too.
– having the opportunity to create illustrations, both on a personal and professional level. hope i can continue to keep getting work in the following year(s)
– the clean, warm feeling when you’ve gotten out of the bath and are wrapped up in pyjamas and blankets
– being able to figure out some of the foods that are making me ill and avoiding them, less heartburn and reflux is always welcome!
– finding colour and pattern in unexpected places
– getting better at editing photos
– finding this pink chair
– finally, FINALLY asking for help and getting some therapy
– slowly becoming more confident (but also admitting to myself i have a lot of self esteem issues)
– appreciating small kindnesses from others
– a nice glass of cold water, and/or a cup of hot tea
– realising just how much i love chickpeas
– seeing some wonderfully pretty cotton candy sunsets
– meeting up with wonderful internet friends in real life, as well as making new friends on-line that i hope to meet next year