sometimes life really drags you down, and the small things, those little joys and moments of light are what help you get through the day/week/month. this is kind of why i started doing my snapshots posts and videos ..because i wanted to remember the little (and big) moments that got me through.
so, i wanted to start a more word focused series to write about things, however small or seemingly inconsequential, that made my day, week or month better. things that i can’t necessarily photograph or put in a video.
not sure how often i’ll do this ..a couple times a month perhaps? sometimes i may have had a really good time, others not so much. but there will always be those moments worth cherishing.
thinking back, here’s been some good ‘small things’ for me recently:
- standing under a canopy of trees, being bathed in green light from the leaves and listening to them rustle in the breeze
- going for walks and admiring nature
- having a brief moment where my tinnitus disappeared – silence for the first time in months!
- admiring the beautiful peonies* from bloom and wild
- having my hair up and feeling the wind gently blow through the shorter hairs that fall loose
- on a sunny day, sitting in the shade looking at shadows. i find them fascinating.
- feeling inspired to make more collages
- the excitement of discovering the names of plants i’ve seen (and trying to remember them!)
- a certain facebook group that never ceases to make me laugh and be inspired
- a friend coming over – nice to have company!
- sneakily eating a little chocolate when i’m out on my walks
- taking photos, always.
- reading this post from amy of she cooks she eats about body positivity and clean eating. it made me cry, but in a good way. i felt less alone.
- rewatching the office for the millionth time
- finally finding rice ribbon noodles in shops close to me – gluten free pasta is gross in my experience and with these i can eat them as noodles, or pretend it’s tagliatelle.
what has made you happy lately? what small things have you cherished?