this year so far has been pretty hard to deal with, both on a personal level as well as on a level beyond myself. things are never easy, but they seem particularly hard and trying and i’m really struggling to cope. i feel like i’m getting closer to an edge that i will easily lose grip of.
so, as always a short list of ‘small things’ that have made me happy or lifted my spirits:
– drinking lots of green tea. it really does help to take a few minutes to have some calm.
– the salted caramel green & blacks chocolate, it’s bloomin’ delicious.
– ava sitting by my side to keep warm. she never really used to, and it warms my heart.
– remembering to find beauty even on the worst days, if only for a moment.
– kind people, always.
– taking photos, always.
– noticing that it’s slowly getting lighter in the evenings.
– finding fantastic stamps in my favourite charity shop.
– seeing my friends and acquaintances have small and bigger successes.