this past month has been a particularly hard one. i know (hope) things will get a bit easier in the coming months, but it’s really hard to try to keep afloat when you feel like you’re drowning with a lead weight tied to your feet. regardless, there are always good things. fleeting moments or something a bit longer lasting – they truly do help to keep me going. things such as:
– getting back into making videos. i’ve missed it! i’m always filming bits and then not using them.
– reeses cups. a perfect little treat that doesn’t feel too ‘naughty’.
– wearing favourite clothes i’ve not worn for a while. feeling how soft they are and revelling at the colours & patterns.
– tending to my plants.
– spring-time rearing its head, little by little.
– finding a magnolia tree near me that i could actually get near, to pretend it was the one in my nans garden that i so loved as a child.
– marvelling over colour combinations.
– going for a walk on a sunny day and actually feeling warm.
– this book.
– ‘the warm tile’ (basically, one tile in our kitchen heats up when the heating is on. it makes me happy to stand on it.)