i can’t remember precisely how these came about. i think i was a bit bored and wanted to make something, but was also too tired to actually do any cutting and pasting. so i found some previous collages that i had saved on my computer, namely: flower power and this top quick collage and a couple of scans that i made into this cutout pattern and kind of just ..collaged them all together. it was quick and fun and i like the idea of ‘recycling’ work i’ve already made into something new.
think i might do a few more like this in the future!
making something new out of something old | new collages was last modified: 08:00 by laura redburn
as is now tradition for me, i always make a collage or pattern to begin and/or end the year, and this is no exception…
i actually started this a couple of months ago and accidentally forgot about it, but over the christmas period i started working on it again.
i had intentions to make this a more detailed, layered pattern but i much prefer how it/the variations turned out. i like how they all look together and hope that to other people they look like they belong together. i feel like simple geometric patterns are my ‘go to’, the ones that just come naturally and happily and that i don’t necessarily need to think about too much. i’m all about working on instinct, but i do want to branch out a little more and work on some patterns that have more layers and depth to them. though, i don’t know – i do love making ones like this!
here’s hoping this year is filled with collages, patterns, and as much art as i can make!
kathleen | new pattern was last modified: 08:00 by laura redburn
a ‘small things‘ post is the perfect thing to end the year with i think. this year has been pretty rubbish personally, and obviously globally too. but of course there have been good things and wonderful moments too.
for as long as i can remember i have strived to be grateful for things big and small, and to be vigilant and aware of little moments and things most might take for granted. i’m so glad i actually started writing some of these things down in the form of these posts, because it’s lovely (for me, anyway) to look back on them.
what small (or big) things have made you happy this year?
here’s some of mine, as well as some more recent things mixed in too.
– having the opportunity to create illustrations, both on a personal and professional level. hope i can continue to keep getting work in the following year(s)
– the clean, warm feeling when you’ve gotten out of the bath and are wrapped up in pyjamas and blankets
– being able to figure out some of the foods that are making me ill and avoiding them, less heartburn and reflux is always welcome!
– finding colour and pattern in unexpected places
– getting better at editing photos
– finding this pink chair
– finally, FINALLY asking for help and getting some therapy
– slowly becoming more confident (but also admitting to myself i have a lot of self esteem issues)
– appreciating small kindnesses from others
– a nice glass of cold water, and/or a cup of hot tea
– realising just how much i love chickpeas
– seeing some wonderfully pretty cotton candy sunsets
– meeting up with wonderful internet friends in real life, as well as making new friends on-line that i hope to meet next year
the small things | 7 was last modified: 09:05 by laura redburn