i fell in love this week. despite having lived in cardiff for almost 7 years now, i’ve never been to bath. which is a bit silly really, as it’s so close, and about the same distance away from me as bristol. pretty much everyone i told this to had a look of disbelief on their faces, ha. but it was so worth the wait. despite the cold and dull (and at times rainy) day, i instantly fell for this city. i can’t even imagine how excitable i’d get about it on a sunny day.
though i had a few suggestions of places to visit, i decided i’d rather wonder around slightly aimlessly and see where my feet and my camera would take me. my main reason for being there was to visit the fashion museum, for a special preview of their latest exhibition, but i’ll talk about that in a bit.
– small thoughtful gifts
– when people are truly understanding
– that strange sense of calmness when my room/area is tidy
– feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin
– seeing people being thoughtful and caring towards others less fortunate
– getting whiffs of the scent of my hair the day after washing
– feeling warm, even if that means i have to wear multiple layers and blankets to get there
– this grandma
– getting a few nights of actual restful sleep (despite still waking many times – can’t have it all!)
– smelling delicious food – even if i can’t actually eat it
– taking a few minutes to drink some tea in peace
– having ‘good days’ (or the odd hour or two) amongst the bad ones
– small relief from near constant pain
– scoffing an entire chocolate bar. sometimes you just gotta.
the small things | 8 was last modified: 08:00 by laura redburn