this year so far has been pretty hard to deal with, both on a personal level as well as on a level beyond myself. things are never easy, but they seem particularly hard and trying and i’m really struggling to cope. i feel like i’m getting closer to an edge that i will easily lose grip of.
so, as always a short list of ‘small things’ that have made me happy or lifted my spirits:
– drinking lots of green tea. it really does help to take a few minutes to have some calm.
– the salted caramel green & blacks chocolate, it’s bloomin’ delicious.
– ava sitting by my side to keep warm. she never really used to, and it warms my heart.
– remembering to find beauty even on the worst days, if only for a moment.
– kind people, always.
– taking photos, always.
– noticing that it’s slowly getting lighter in the evenings.
– finding fantastic stamps in my favourite charity shop.
– seeing my friends and acquaintances have small and bigger successes.
· you need to see the cutest lookbook ever. i squealed.
· can’t decide whether to get these boots or not. they’re currently only £13… ALSO there’s an extra 20% off with the code ‘EXTRA20’ ..it’d be rude to myself not to, right?
· there are a few methods to make a notepad, but i love this simple one. would make a lovely little present.
· this book, a bloomsbury souvenir by alice pattulo looks fantastic and colourful.
· this is just the loveliest twitter account.
oh, this week. this damn week. i’ve had a pretty bad cold & subsequent chest infection – with extra gross hacking cough included. having asthma, this tends to make things worse so there’s been a fair bit of gasping for air and genuinely feeling like i could easily die (luckily a short round of steroids have helped, i will probably need antibiotics too). i’ve broken a tooth that was already partly broken, had a few panic attacks and moments of general ‘what is the point’, our new to us boiler briefly broke …and jeez, the list just goes on. on top of everything else i’m stressed and worried about, i feel like i’m on the very edge of completely losing it.
i have had some good moments though, like getting these collage postcards from lovely supal, seeing moments of beauty in nature and the more mundane, my cat being extra cute (i think she’s enjoying actually having heat in the flat), and trying miso soup for the first time. good stuff. as bad as a day or week (or month) can be, i really look on these moments to get me through.