wooden lamp ℅ first choice lighting
we live in a relatively dark flat, so as we don’t have much natural light, it’s essential to bring in light somehow, and obviously the main way is via lamps (and candles) scattered around the home.
i realised recently my home décor tastes are relatively similar to my dads: a strong nudge towards vintage and retro, with an eclectic feel. basically i don’t really do matchy-matchy style and prefer pieces that kind of ‘fit’ as a whole despite not being overly similar.
as you know i love patterns and colour, so pieces that are more natural or in one tone are quite welcome to calm things down.
saying that, this geometric wooden lamp makes quite a statement! it’s fantastic. feels very sturdy, looks great in my room even when it’s not on and also has an unintentional use as a paperweight ..currently atop a pile of books and papers in my bedroom. i love that it can easily be moved to any room, too.
if you had this lamp, where in your home would you put it?
in the spirit of all things geometric home décor, i thought i’d put together a list of a few excellent accessories to add a geometric touch to your home. mm, shapes.
– love the triangle pattern on this set of espresso cups and saucers.
– this salad bowl is niiiiice.
– this terrarium kit (with terrarium as an extra to purchase) is freakin’ awesome.
– geometric plant hangers? YES please. absolutely in love with these.
– if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative for hanging your air plants (or anything else), cop a look at these.
– slightly obsessed with this desk tidy.
– gotta love a bit of geometric wooden storage.
– a pretty card that you could turn into a tiny framed print.
– lovely trinket dish for all your (geometric, obvs) jewellery.