star lamp ℅ graham & brown
sometimes, you really want a room to have that wow factor when you or a guest walks in, but having a limited budget kind of puts a dampener on that idea! i thought i’d compile a short list of items (and some tips) to add a bit of POW to your rooms without breaking the bank. all items cost less than £100, and would go with different types of decor.
- a bold mirror that packs a punch.
- a simple but decadent lampshade.
- industrial metal letters – perhaps using initials?
- plants like a monstera, yucca or a small palm.
- lighting, like the star lamp above.
- a simple, graphic rug.
- a striking art print or poster. frame for extra impact!
- cushions, throws and blankets that stand out, but are useful too.
– look out for sales and discount codes. signing up to newsletters often gets you 10% off your first purchase.
– look in charity and secondhand shops as well as places like ebay and gumtree.
– re-use and repurpose something you already own.
– statement doesn’t necessarily mean a big item. if your decor is minimal, you could opt for one fancy or more decadent looking piece to bring a focus to your room.
do you prefer your rooms to be a mixture of items with no particular focus, or do you prefer something a bit more simple, with statement pieces to add some wow?