it happens to all of us. sometimes you run out of blog post ideas, or you’re running a little low.
i’ve not really seen any blogs with ideas for creative blog posts (those that specifically blog about their creative endeavours, career or work) so i thought i’d put something together with some ideas for all my fellow creative bloggers!
hopefully this post will inspire you to get writing, or even spawns some new ideas!
– pros and cons of university, and/or your experience with it
– ideas and actionable tips to boost productivity
– studio tour (this could be your actual studio space, bedroom, kitchen table or wherever you work)
– favourite books, blogs and resources
– what does creativity mean to you?
– being creative in day to day life
– books, films and tv shows that inspire you
– other artists, illustrators and makers that inspire you
– favourite art shops, both local and national
– make collages with one magazine, or just a few pages and write about it
– interview other creatives or people in your specific niche
– interview yourself
– pinterest accounts you enjoy
– instagram accounts you enjoy
– collaborate on a piece with another creative and blog about it
– show us your sketchbook/rough drawings/WIP’s
– why did you start blogging?
– book reviews relating to your niche or interests
– about you – why do you do what you do?
– a day in the life
– places you go to reinspire or motivate yourself
– art supply wishlist
– stationery haul
– DIY posts
– instagram roundup
– what art/craft/creative supplies you use
– goals and dreams for your career or future in general
– write a letter to your younger self
– resources for creatives and creative bloggers
– work in progress from beginning to end
– things you’ve learned doing whatever creative thing it is you do
– how you edit your photos
– favourite apps and programs
– how do you de-stress
– does where you live affect your creative style?
-if you had the opportunity to write, illustrate or make your own book, what kind would it be? what would it be about? why?
– item(s) you collect
– how you’d spend your perfect day
– how you stay organised – this could be personally, blog-wise or both
– what creative tools/items could you not live without?
– do something you’ve never done before. write about/draw/paint/video/photograph it then blog about it
– are you a genuine expert or have some real gems of advice you could give about your chosen career/life path?
– talk about insecurities or thoughts you have about your creative life, and the lives of others
– create a playlist of songs that really inspire you and share it
– share your creative routine (if you have one!)
– ask for advice on how to improve your work (whatever it is that you do)
– why do you do what you do? did it come naturally? do you your strengths and weaknesses as a person affect your work?
– what are your other hobbies outside of your ‘main’ creative outlet?
– do you have any advice for any new bloggers in your niche?
– blog about work you’re proud of, how you’ve overcome problems to create your best work, and how you plan to keep creating your best work