life has been tough lately but there are always good things.
– this cactus lamp. so cute and brings me a smile when i see it.
– remembering when i went to Floris last year to make my own custom perfume.
– a few good charity shop finds.
– meeting up with Liz for the first time in ages!
– finally using the liquidiser we’ve had for years to make smoothies. so tasty.
– making some new collages. and some other collage based news that i hope to share soon.
– winning a polaroid – still can’t believe it! so excited for it to arrive.
– nice early evening walks.
– feeling a gentle breeze, and watching trees and flowers lightly dance in it.
– taking time to just ‘be’.
– seeing my dad for the first time this year, and seeing him look a bit healthier (he has emphysema).
– kind gifts from friends.
– stroking my cat when she’s asleep. touching her little paws and her soft warm tummy.
– managing to bring my previously balding maidenhair fern back to it’s normal full self. i love looking after plants.
small things | 12 was last modified: 09:20 by laura redburn
in the blogging world, shadows seem to be a thing to avoid. god forbid you have shadows in your flat lays or anything like that. i will admit i avoid anything too shadowy on my Instagram, on my blog and in real life i relish them and seek them out. it fills my brain with a sense of satisfaction and happiness i can’t really put into words.
Most people think that shadows follow, precede or surround beings or objects. The truth is that they also surround words, ideas, desires, deeds, impulses and memories – Elie Wiesel
i think part of the reason i have such an adoration for shadows, especially deep, bold ones is that they have a really graphic feel about them and that speaks to my creative side in a very bewitching manner. if you add nature to this shadowy equation my heart is fully captured and you can bet i’ll be snapping away.
shadows only exist because of light, and light can dance and mingle and delight in so many ways. they can create shapes in endless permutations and inspire works of art. they create drama and intrigue.
by the way, i thought i’d create a series of posts where i share small and big obsessions and passions. from my illustrations to my photography, to things that capture my imagination. after all, that’s why i love blogging – for sharing what i love.
how do you feel about shadows? do they mean anything to you or do you avoid them at all costs?
“Where there is light, there must be shadow, where there is shadow there must be light. There is no shadow without light and no light without shadow….” ― Haruki Murakami
i have this thing with …shadows was last modified: 08:00 by laura redburn